DirtDaze offers a wide array of (plated) adventure bike rides through New York’s Adirondack Park and Vermont’s Green Mountains. All will take you on an adventure of dirt roads, some necessary paved roads, and the occasional optional hero sections.
All sizes of bikes are welcomed, but generally, DirtDaze is geared for 650+ sized bikes. Most rides could be ridden 2-up, based on rider skill.
There are many rides available:
4 Guided Rides with great lunch. They are an additional cost but are included in several packages.
- Adirondack Adv Ride Avail.: Wed Thu Fri Sat
- Green Mountain Ride Avail.: Thu Fri
- Lake George Lap Avail.: Wed Thu Fri Sat
- The Oasis Tour Avail.: Wed Thu Fri Sat
Many Self Guided Rides (Riders will get either GPS coordinates or Roll Sheet).
*to ride on a guided ride you must have a valid DirtDaze wristband.
SELF GUIDED RIDES
The 4 self-guided rides run every day, Wednesday through Saturday, and range from 1/2 day to full day rides, and on challenging 60% dirt, 40% pavement to fun 40% dirt, 60% pavement. They’ll take you throughout the deepest parts of the Adirondacks and some gnarlyish parts of Vermont. Riders will get either GPX FILES or Roll Sheets.
We’ve saved some of the most delicious routes for the Guided Rides. These 4 rides take you to some of the best riding in the region and include a lunch at fun remote lunch stops. These rides can be ridden on your own, or with one of our guides, and include stops at some little-known scenic &/or fascinating spots. These rides have limited quantities and will likely sell out:
1. ADIRONDACK ADVENTURE GUIDED RIDE: This full day ride with lunch takes you on a DirtDaze favorite, a route into the Adirondacks, along thickly forested dirt roads, winding around mountain lakes, to remote destinations deep in the park. The route snakes along mountainside roads with some great views. There are some optional challenging sections, with bypasses for less-experienced riders.
The lunch stop, this year on the long screened porch of a classic mountainside Adirondack lodge overlooking a secluded lake, will knock you out! You’ll enjoy their delicious fare and homemade bread – perfect for adventure motorcyclists.
Duration: Departs at 8:30am. It’s an all day tour. Approx 150 miles. 6 hours seat time. Max 70 miles between fuel stops. (All guides equipped with siphoning tools)
Skill Level: All skill levels. Good mix of mostly firm dirt and back roads pavement. About 50% seat time on dirt. It was laid out with 50/50 tires and an experienced rider on an appropriate bike could bring a passenger. Knobbies not required.
2. GREEN MOUNTAIN GUIDED RIDE: This full day ride with lunch will challenge riders as we explore some of the most beautiful and remote trails and ancient roads in Vermont. It’s best suited for intermediate+ riders. Some technical sections are avoidable, but some are not. Be prepared for tricky ascents and off-camber turns on rocky, muddy terrain. There are some necessary stretches of pavement (through scenic areas). Our lunch destination will be a unique motorcycle museum housing the largest collection of Hodaka Motorcycles in the World. Maybe you remember the Dirt Squirt or the Road Toad? They are all there! Lunch will consist of fresh, locally sourced salads, pasta, and award-winning sausages from Vermont. This will be a true Adventure!
This tour is put together by our friends at MotoVermont (who also offer a great adventure bike rental fleet).
Duration: Departs at 8:30am. It’s an all day tour. Approx 160 miles. 6 hours seat time. Max 80 miles between fuel stops. (All guides equipped with siphoning tools)
Skill Level: Intermediate-Advanced Skill Level, Excellent, challenging dirt sections, in between some necessary pavement. Alternate (easier) options are available, but the final challenging ascent to the restaurant is unavoidable. Knobbies required.
3. LAKE GEORGE LAP GUIDED RIDE: This full day ride with lunch is why true adventure bikes were created. We love this NY/VT ride because you’ll ride on miles and miles of fun dirt, including a few miles on two different private trail systems, a handful of optional hero sections, as well as some necessary yet surprisingly fun twisty pavement. It’s a great ride!
You’ll ride deep into the rolling, beautiful and sometimes (optional) challenging dirt roads of Vermont, as well as densely forested “roads” in the Adirondacks with overlooks of the lake, a ferry crossing, the whole nine yards. The hero sections all have good optional routes around them, so all skill levels are welcome. Lunch is in a tiny quaint Vermont village, with a nearby old General Store. Bring a camera and an appetite for all types of roads.
Duration: Departs at 8:00am. Approx 175 miles. 5.5 hours seat time. Max 70 miles between fuel stops. (All guides equipped with siphoning tools)
Skill Level: All skill levels. Fun Dirt, Beautiful Pavement, Optional Hero Sections. Knobbies not required, but foul weather can affect this…
4. THE OASIS TOUR – GUIDED RIDE: Endless winding dirt & gravel trails hidden in a part of the Adirondack Wilderness which we’d never explored – until recently. Hours of mostly 2nd & 3rd gear riding on tree-lined Jeep roads, one of which even leads to a unique cave. Lunch at a private ski resort with the option of riding up a ski slope in front of their new restaurant, to a very scenic overlook.
To access this far-flung location, we’ll ride some of the twistiest blacktop in the Northeast: over 120 bends in one 15 mile lakeside section! It’s about a 90-minute ride to this dirt heaven and it’s well worth it!
If you’re looking for a great all day ride, giving you tons of off-road and trail access, combined with some very sweet winding pavement, then this is your ride.
Duration: Departs at 8:30am. It’s an all day tour. Approx 170 miles. 6 – hours seat time. Max 70 miles between fuel stops (All guides equipped with siphoning tools)
Skill Level: Medium Skill Level. 50/50 tires okay. Passengers okay with an experienced rider. Trail, Dirt, Gravel & Pavement. Optional Hero sections. Knobbies not required, but foul weather can affect this…
The Nuts and Bolts
- Route sheets will be available to all registered attendees. They’ll be waiting for you in your registration packet when you arrive.
- The routes range from 60 to 200(!) mile loops on a mix of dirt and paved rides.
- The route specs, difficulty, and alternative routes will be clearly noted on the route maps.
- Routes will be offered for all skill levels.
- The routes are best suited for plated mid-sized (650cc+) or larger bikes.
- Special Rides with an included Lunch and Great Prizes are available, but have limited quantities (and will sell out). These rides can be ridden on your own or with one of our guides and will include stops at some little known fascinating spots.
- For those of you less comfortable on gnarly dirt roads or trails, we’ve got alternative routes you can take, bringing you to the same destination. These easier routes should be fine for street biased tires, though as always it’s your call on any road presented to you.
- Gas stops will be noted on the route sheets and Guided Rides will include a gas stop or two.
- Breakdowns are a bummer and ultimately the rider’s responsibility. That said, there will be a truck and trailer on call if someone’s ride needs to be picked up.
- Most Unguided Riders and all Guided Rides will depart from the DirtDaze HQ (at the red barn).
- Going on an Unguided ride and don’t have a riding partner? No problem. Go to the unguided ride meeting place (next to the red barn) at 8 am and you’ll likely be able to find someone who’s in the same boat. It is highly recommended that all riders have a riding partner for safety reasons!
- Local ADV Bike Shops:
Sportline – Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Suzuki (Queensbury, NY): (518) 792-4655
Heid’s Hodaka & BMW (Johnsburg, NY): (518) 251-2110